Tips For Buying A Shiatsu Massage Chair
Buying a massage chair is a very good idea for people who lead hectic lives and need to relax and rejuvenate themselves after tiring days at work. A massage chair can alleviate both physical and mental tension and help free your body from aches and pains. Most massage practitioners and experts nowadays recommend buying Shiatsu massage chairs. These chairs are designed for providing a Shiatsu massage to the user. Shiatsu massage is a holistic Japanese massage technique that is known for easing and treating a number of ailments through targeting pressure points in the human body.
A good Shiatsu massage chair not only helps in relieving stress and pain, it will also provide you with a healthier body after an extended period of use. However, massage chairs, Shiatsu or otherwise are never cheap and therefore, you should take care to get the best massage chair for your budget. Make sure that when buying a massage chair recliner that it suits your needs and requirements. Some tips that will help you in buying your Shiatsu massage chair are:
· Shiatsu massage chairs are generally very expensive and as such, you should ensure that the chair has all the therapeutic massage techniques—kneading, rolling, compression, and percussion. A kneading motion should feel as if two hands are kneading and rubbing your back alternately; rolling feels as if someone is pressing the sides of your spine alternately; compression feels like firm palms of a human hand are pressing your back and the sides of your spine while percussion imitates the rapid tapping of a human fist on your back.
· Test the massage recliner you are interested in before you make the decision to buy and ensure that the rollers imitate the hand movements of a therapeutic masseur. Sit in a Shiatsu massage recliner for at least twenty minutes to find out if you really like the speed and the movements of the chair and it covers your vital areas.
· There are a number of massage chairs that come without a raised footrest and these tend to get uncomfortable after you sit on them for a few minutes. Select a Shiatsu massage recliner that comes with a raised foot rest or ottoman. A good massage chair should give you a full recline option. Foot and calf massagers are also built into the best massage chairs.
· Massage chairs are supposed to last a long time, especially considering the amount you are paying for them. The best massage chairs come with the longest warranties, since a long warranty period generally indicates superior reliability and durability. Compare different brand warranties before buying your massage chair and make sure that you get a long warranty on your chair. Also make sure that they offer in-home service not a service center.
· Before you buy a massage chair, it is important to know about the costs of repairs and spare parts. Also ask your retailer about how and where you will be able to get your massage recliner repaired in case of a breakdown.
· Customer service and responsiveness are other things that you need to be sure about when you buy a shiatsu massage chair. Check if they have a money back guarantee and if shipping and tax is included. You want to find the best deal on your massage chair that meets your requirements, will be trouble-free and is within your budget.